Artists helping each other make wonderful dolls & fabulous memories!
All dolls must be preregistered to enter Competition, Challenge and Exhibit.
Registration Fee for Competition is: $10.00 per doll or $20.00/per three dolls.
Please include the following information PER ENTRY :
1. All dolls must be preregistered for Competitions and Challenges.
Deadline to have dolls registered is April 1, 2020.
Judged Entry fee is $10.00 per doll/or $20.00 for three dolls.
There is no charge for entering the Challenge Categories.
2. Each entry will be judged individually on its own merit. The purpose of this competition is an educational experience to critique dolls for the growth of the entrant in their dollmaking.
3. Best of category winners must have 92 points or more to receive Best of Show Award.
4. ANY MEMBER whose dues are current may enter Competition, but may not win top awards
unless registered for Festival.
5. A 3x5 card must accompany all entries. The card should have the name of the doll (Bru, AT, etc). With information as to where the research was done, Mold Number, Company and a picture if possible. No loose papers put them in a clear plastic sheet protector.
6. The doll should be incised in greenware stage with your name/initials & date in a conspicuous place on back of head. Cover incising with masking tape before entering. Leave wig unglued in back to verify company mold & your incising.
*You must state on your entry which category or Challenge you are entering in.*
Competition Rules and Entry Form will be included in your Registration Confirmation packet.
Competition Categories beginning Festival 2020
1- Antique Reproductions:
A-- French Dolls: includes Babies, Toddlers, Children, Lady/Man, Mechanical, Parian on Composition, Leather or Cloth Bodies
B-- German Dolls: includes Babies, Toddlers, Children, Lady/Man & Mechanical, China on Composition, Leather or Cloth Bodies
C-- Miniature Dolls; Dolls under 8" either French or German
2- Modern Dolls
A-- Modern Doll: includes any doll made by a modern artist, including yourself. Includes Miniatures
B-- Creative Flair any doll may be used to achieve an original presentation.
3- Half Dolls: includes any Half Dolls and similar dolls, Jack in the Box, etc.
4- Theme Dolls Dolls; depicting the Theme of the Festival -Judged by Popular Vote Only.
Special Awards: Advise person at registrar desk of the category you are entering.
Send fees and complete entry information to: UDS Competition c/o Darlene Grant
657 East 700 South, Clearfield, Ut 84015 Tel: 801-643-2185 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
~ No cost to enter - Enter as many dolls as you wish - Prizes awarded! ~
All Dolls may be photographed for publication. By entering, you automatically agree to this condition. Dolls should be pre-registered for ease of handling at Festival.
U.D.S. Theme Challenge 2020 - Hurray for the Red, White & Blue!
Half Doll Challenge 2020 - back by popular demand!
The sky’s the limit as these dolls were made into powder puffs, dresser boxes, crumb brushes, pincushions, teapot cosies, lampshades, and more- all totally useless, but fabulously fancy! All entries must contain a porcelain Half Doll
DOLL CHALLENGE REGISTRATIONS: Please send a SASE to Darlene Grant, UDS Competition 657 East 700 South, Clearfield, Ut 84015 Tel: 801-643-2185 email: email@example.com
Be sure to specify Challenge & Categories you are entering,
Your name (complete) cell number & email address, a brief description of each doll, a SASE.
Entries must be received no later than April 1, 2020
Once again, we will be sponsoring the UDS Theme Challenge. This is A GREAT OPPORTUNITY for members to present entries representing the theme of our Festival, and their creativity in the interpretation of it.
1- Theme Challenge: Hurray for the Red, White & Blue!
2-Half Doll Challenge
The winners will be determined by Popular Vote at the
Universal Doll Society Festival